UGPG Official Weigh Off 2013 - Thanksgiving Point
Saturday, September 28th, 2013
Schedule of Events:
- 8:00 - 10:30 - Check in and registration for tomatoes, watermelon and long gourds, etc.
- 8:00 - 11:00 - Unload, check in and registration for giant pumpkins.
- 10:00 - 12:00 - Judging of pumpkins.
- 11:00 - 12:00 - Measuring of long gourds and weigh off for watermelons and tomatoes.
- 11:00 - 12:00 - Weigh off for junion division pumpkins (ages 15 and younger).
- 11:00 - 12:00 - Weigh in for extra pumpkins (growers are allowed only 1 official pumpkin in official weigh off).
- 12:00 - 3:00 - 9th Annual Utah Giant Pumpkin Growers Weigh Off.
Growers: Please pre-register your pumpkins online. With your help, we can save a ton of time on the data entry. The UGPG had more entrys that any other weigh off site in the world last year.
Print Entry Form - Please fill out and bring to the weigh off.
The UGPG would like to officially announce the weigh off for 2013. Our weigh off this year will be held at Thanksgiving Point on Saturday, September 28th right in front of the water tower where we held it last year. Registration will go from 8:00 am to 11:00 am. Judging will be from 11:00 am to Noon and then the weigh off will start at noon.
We hope that you all have monster pumpkins growing in your patch but, whatever the size, we would like to see you on September 28th. As long as your pumpkin is over 100 pounds, we hope you will bring it to the weigh off. Please print off an official entry form and bring it with your entry to the weigh off.
In addition to the giant pumpkins, this year's weigh-off will also include a contest for long gourds and weigh-offs for giant tomatoes, field pumpkins and watermelons. Check in for long gourds and other giant vegetables will be from 8 am - 10:30 am. Measuring and weighing of the vegetables will be from 11 am - 12 pm.
Thanksgiving Point Harvest Festival is being held the same day and The Utah Giant Pumpkin Growers weigh-off will kick off that event. Check out the scarecrows at the Scarecrow Contest or taste some pumpkin treats. Enjoy live music, fall foliage and taste treats to tantalize your senses. Free to the public. 10:00am to 4:00 pm.